John was born and raised in Lake City, Florida, and has practiced in North Central Florida his entire career. After graduating from the University of Florida College of Law in 1982, he served a year as a research aide to Justice Parker Lee McDonald of the Florida Supreme Court.
John joined Dell Graham as an associate in 1983. He has concentrated his practice in the areas of medical malpractice defense and governmental tort liability. His clients include hospitals, physicians, nurses and other health care providers. He also represents school boards, community colleges and police departments, as well as individuals and businesses.
In addition to his continuing practice as a litigator, John is also a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Mediator, available to assist in the resolution of both simple and complex matters of civil trial litigation throughout the northern half of Florida.
John and his wife, Yolanda, live in Gainesville. They have three children.
- United States Surpreme Court, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 1994
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1985
- Florida, 1982
- University of Florida Collete of Law, Gainesville, Florida, 1982, J.D., With Honors
- Furman University, Greenville, South Carolina, 1979, Bachelor of Arts
Major: Political Science
Honors: Magna Cum Laude; Phi Beta Kappa
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers, inducted 2002
Awards & Honors
- James C. Adkins American Inns of Court, Master