Mr. Bovay is a partner with the firm. His practice focuses on estate planning and asset protection for high net worth individuals and families, business succession planning and fiduciary litigation. He is Board Certified in both Tax Law and Wills, Trusts and Estates Law, holds an LL.M. in Taxation and is a Florida licensed CPA.
He is a Trustee of the University of Florida College of Law, where he has also taught as an adjunct professor, and is a founder of the University of Florida Tax Institute.
Mr. Bovay is a former Trustee of the Washington and Lee University Alumni Board, a Past Chair of the Gainesville Alliance for Economic Development, Past President of the Gainesville Country Club and a former member of the Eighth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee.
In 2012, Mr. Bovay was honored with the Legacy Award by the Gainesville Community Foundation. He has been recognized as a Florida Super Lawyer for Estate and Probate, 2007, 2011-2018, a member of Florida Trend’s Legal Elite for 2015-2016, and holds an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell. Mr. Bovay is a regular speaker at various estate planning events throughout Florida.
- Master in Taxation: University of Florida Levin College of Law Gainesville, FL, 1988
- Juris Doctorate: University of Florida Levin College of Law Gainesville, FL, with honors, 1982
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration and Accounting Washington &Lee University, cum laude, 1979
- Board Certified in Tax Law
- Board Certified in Wills, Trust and Estate Law
- AV Rating from Martidale-Hubbell