Eric is a 2009 graduate of the Florida State University College of Law. After passing the Florida bar exam, Eric went to work as a Federal Civil Rights Litigator at the Florida Office of the Attorney General under Bill McCollum, and later for Attorney General Pam Bondi. In April of 2015, Eric left the Office of the Attorney General to serve as General Counsel for the State of Florida’s Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program, in the Florida Department of Elder Affairs.
In addition to his litigation responsibilities, during his time with the State of Florida, Eric in 2012 was one of several assistant attorneys general to earn a Davis productivity award for increasing the efficient management and utilization of state resources. In 2014, after several years as a board member of the Florida Government Bar Association, Eric served one year as president of the Association. In 2016, Florida Trend Magazine named Eric legal elite among government/nonprofit attorneys. During the same year, Eric was honored as a member Tallahassee Thunderdome, Class 3. Eric joined Dell Salter in September of 2016 as a litigation associate practicing insurance defense.
Eric grew up in Gainesville, and is the oldest son of Dr. Richard E. and Mary J. Neiberger. In his free time, Eric is an avid outdoorsman and enjoys running, biking, and almost anything else under the sun.
- Supreme Court of Florida, 2009
- Northern District of Florida, 2010
- Middle District of Florida, 2010
- Southern District of Florida, 2010
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, 2010
- B.A. University of Florida, Elementary Education, 2006
- J.D. Florida State University, Law, 2009
- 2016 Florida Trend Legal Elite – Government/Nonprofit Attorneys
- 2016 Tallahassee Thunderdome, Class 3
- 2012 State of Florida Davis Productivity Award Recipient
- 2009 Second Place – University of Oklahoma Law Review National Indian Law Writing Competition
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Historic Preservation Board – Gainesville City Commission
- Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- Past President of the Florida Government Bar Association
- Florida Government Lawyers Section
- Gerald T. Bennett American Inn of Court
- William H. Stafford American Inn of Court
- Florida Association of Police Attorneys