David joined Dell Graham upon graduating from the University of Florida College of Law in 1997 and is excited to oversee Dell Salter. David has also been recognized by the Florida Bar as an Expert in Education Law and is designated as a Board Certified Specialist in this area. He serves both as general counsel and litigation counsel for public schools, providing a 360 degree understanding of modern education challenges. David has also represented insurance companies and self-insured entities in the areas of governmental liability and personal injury defense. He also has substantial experience defending health care providers against medical malpractice claims and serves as a Peer Review Hearing Officer.
David grew up in Gainesville and is delighted to continue to live and work in his hometown. He and his wife, Tami (also a long-time Gainesville resident) enjoy raising their daughter and son in North Florida. Away from the office, you can find David training on roads and trails for an upcoming race.
- Florida, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit, 2001
- U.S. District Court Middle District, 1999
- U.S. District Court Northern District, 1999
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, Gainesville, Florida, 1997, Juris Doctorate, with Honors
- Baylor University, Waco, Texas 1994, Bachelor of Arts in Latin
Professional Associations and Memberships
Florida Bar Education Law Committee
Florida Bar Education Law Certification Committee
Federal Bar Association
American Bar Association
Florida Defense Lawyers Association
Lawyers Advisory Committee to the Federal District Court, Northern District of Florida
Florida Track Club
Awards & Honors
- 2014, 2015 Super Lawyer, SuperLawyers Magazine
- 2013 Board Certified Education Law by the Florida Bar
- 2011 AV Preeminent Attorney Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell LexisNexis
- 2011 Rising Star, SuperLawyers Magazine
- 1997 Juris Doctor with Honors, University of Florida College of Law
See David Delaney represent a client before the Florida Supreme Court.