- HITECH and Your Business Associate Agreements…To Amend or Not to Amend?
- Accepting the Inevitable: Trends, Expected Outcomes, and What to Look for as Electronic Health Record Implementation Goes Forward
- What is the difference between an EHR and an EMR?
- Industry Updates – LinkedIn Articles
- CMS Issues Proposed Rule Introducing QPP
- Application Deadline for the Medicare EHR Incentive Program Hardship Exception Extended from March 15 to July 1
Rupa is a partner with the firm. With over sixteen years of experience, and a certificate in health law, she offers advisory, consulting, and legal services to small to mid-size businesses in the for-profit and not for profit sector, healthcare providers, and vendors of healthcare providers, on a wide range of corporate, transactional and regulatory matters. She is an elected member of the Executive Council of the Florida Bar Health Law Section, and is peer-review rated as AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell. Her expertise in the healthcare field paired with a strong background in labor relations make her a valuable resource for employers seeking assistance in navigating the regulatory quagmire created by healthcare reform. Prior to joining Dell Salter, Rupa was an Associate Director at UF Health for thirteen years, representing the academic medical center’s Colleges of Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Health Professions, Veterinary Medicine, and related institutes. She has extensive experience representing physicians and other providers in many facets of their practice including contract negotiation and drafting, real estate transactions, healthcare risk management, EHR software licensing, compliance, relationships with pharmaceutical and medical device companies, practice mergers and acquisitions, and consulting on operational and business planning matters. As an Adjunct Professor of Law with Pitt’s Graduate Healthcare Compliance Online program, Rupa teaches health care executives and practitioners on the topic of healthcare quality. She has published several times with the American Health Lawyers Association, taught on health law topics as a guest lecturer at the UF Levin College of Law, and as a visiting professor at the University of Toledo College of Law. Rupa started off her legal career as a summer associate with Duane Morris, and then joined Houston Harbaugh’s Health Care Law group as an attorney representing physician practices and other health care organizations with emphasis on privacy (HIPAA), fraud and abuse compliance, and corporate and employment relationships between hospitals, health care practices and their physician employees. Rupa and her husband, Will, have three children and live in Gainesville, Florida. She enjoys travel, watching Gator football and basketball, exploring the city’s nature parks, and training in martial arts with her family. Rupa is a black-belt in the marital art of Tae Kwon Do, and trains in Hapkido.
Admissions & Licensure
- Florida, 2002
- Pennsylvania, 2001
- Licensed Health Care Risk Manager, Florida Agency for Health Care Administration, 2008
- Board Certified Professional in Patient Safety (NPSF), 2016
- Cornell University, Sloan Program in Health Administration, Ithaca, NY Certificate in Healthcare Facilities Strategic Planning & Design, 2012
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, Certificate in Health Care Risk Management, 2008
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, PA 2001, Juris Doctorate, cum laude Certificate in Health Law, 2001 Honors: CALI Excellence for the Future Award Health Care Fraud & Abuse, advanced to NationalHealth Law Moot Court Competition
- Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, Bachelor of Science in Industrial & Labor Relations, 1998 Honors: Fellow, Cornell Traditions, elected President, Cornell Pre-Law Society, elected Vice-President Cornell Mock-Trial Executive Board
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Health Lawyers Association, Member and Author
- National Patient Safety Foundation, American Society of Professionals in Patient Safety, Member
- The Florida Bar
- The Pennsylvania Bar
- Executive Council, Health Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Member, Sunrise Rotary of Gainesville, Florida
- Paul Harris Fellow, Rotary International